I’ve made more than 50 (fifty) Belle kyaraben so I thought it’s time to spend more time with another princess. I think that I have to make all of those six princesses (Belle, Jasmine, Aurora, Ariel, Beauty, and Snow White) before 2011 before I get bored making the same princess again and again.
So this time I made Jasmine. Like I said before that all those Disney princesses are basically the same, with slight differences on hairdo, hair color, dress, and accessories. Special with Jasmine is she has different skin tone with the other supposedly Caucasian princesses.
And like Belle too, all princesses are the most difficult kyaraben to make with lots of parts and those small facial detail parts.
With Jasmine, I needed total of 21 (twenty one) parts overall with 6 (six) tiny parts were the hardest to make; eyebrows, eyelids, nose line, and lips. And for the colored pasta, I need to prepare 7 (seven) different colored pasta sheet; brown for base, hair, eyebrows, eyeballs, and nose line; green for the dress and headdress part; yellow for the necklace, earrings, and headdress part; yellowish pink for the skin; white and black for eye parts; and red for the lips. The original design for the hair is black but I changed it with brown since I don’t like using too much food coloring for my kyaraben. I can make black with squid ink but the smell is awful that I’m afraid the children won’t like it. Next time I will experiment with other natural black sources, hopefully the result is great.
After being assembled I noticed that I should cut the eye bigger since this Jasmine looked from Chinese rather than Persian :D